With the amount of valuable information available online, consumers are increasingly using social media and Google searches to perform research before purchasing a product or service. As result, businesses in San Diego are turning more and more to internet marketing as a means of reaching the desired customer base, to build their brand and develop an online reputation.
Marketing campaigns are not exempt from failure. While some result in lost capital, others find great success in reaching a growing online audience. From best-selling authors to world-renown bloggers to social media celebrities, here a few internet marketing influencers worth paying attention to:
- Neil Patel is the founder of Hello Bar, Kissmetrics, Crazy Egg, certainly one of the most popular and prolific figures in the field of online marketing. In addition to helping large companies like NBC, Viacom, and GM grow their revenue, Patel also provides useful tools and information for smaller-scale online marketers.
- Michael Hyatt is a best-selling author of Platform, which is a Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Amazon, and USA Today bestseller. He was also formerly CEO and chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers, the 7th largest publishing company for trade books in the United States. With over 700 thousand followers, Hyatt coaches entrepreneurs and marketers on how to build influence online, personal development and leadership skills.
- Abdullahi Muhammed is CEO and content marketing consultant of Oxygenmat, a content marketing service agency for brands of the largest scale. Muhammed contributes to publications such as Forbes, USA Today, and Entrepreneur, and was named by Inc. as the #1 content marketer to follow in 2017.
- John Lee Dumas is host of the daily podcast Entrepreneur On Fire, awarded Best of iTunes in 2013 with over 1700 episodes published, offering internet marketing information and showcasing amazing guests including Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Tony Robbins, Tim Ferriss, Brian Tracy, and Barbara Corcoran. Dumas started the 6th most successful publishing campaign of all time for The Freedom Journal.
- Tim Ferriss is a highly successful blogger and author of some wildly successful books – Tools of Titans, The 4-Hour Body, The 4-Hour Workweek, and The 4-Hour Chef – which all achieved the status of #1 Wall Street Journal and New York Times best sellers. Ferriss was also an early-stage advisor and investor in Evernote, Uber, Twitter, Alibaba, Shopify, and Facebook. His podcast has been downloaded over 150 million times, resulting in the Observer calling him the “Oprah of audio”.
Amy Porterfield is an entrepreneur and marketer offering data-based insights to help businesses develop a highly-effective email list, with internet marketing training courses that provide ground-breaking approaches to increase sales. MSNBC, Entrepreneur, Mashable, and Fast Company have all featured Porterfield as a top 50 social media influencer who has built multiple 7-figure businesses and has compiled over 250,000 followers.