Within the internet social sphere, nothing gets a message across quite like viral video content. Successful videos can engage an audience across a multitude of social media platforms, leading to immense consumption that was never before possible. Connecting with an audience is easier than it has ever been. There are practically no limits to how, where, and when people can interact with content.
Video marketing experts in San Diego will agree that in a fast-paced online environment, videos provide a flexible source of value and relevance that caters to the on-the-go lifestyle of consumers. The advantages of this increased visibility are numerous. The more popular visual content may be, the more people will be exposed to the product or service being marketed. The most popular internet content builds an unstoppable momentum that advertises itself and in certain cases becomes iconic.
For those not convinced of the effectiveness of video marketing tools, here are a few notable statistics that will help to express the popularity of this useful, leading-edge format:
- According to Hubspot, by 2019 more than 80% of internet traffic will be dedicated to online video consumption.
- Videos included within email marketing boost click-through rate by approximately 200-300%.
- 90% of online customers agree that descriptive product videos aid them in deciding which products to purchase.
- 64% of online customers are more inclined to purchase products after watching videos about them.
- The top 5% of popular videos retain an average of 77% of viewers to the last second.
- YouTube has approximated that internet video consumption grows by 100% yearly.
- Embedding videos in landing pages will boost conversion rates by over 80%.
- 87% of professional digital marketing strategies include video content.
- Considering the billions of collective hours people spend online every year, one third of this time is spent watching videos.
- More than 35% of all online ad spending is spent on video advertisements.
- 35 % of businesses are using intermediate or advanced analytics to measure video performance.
- 59% of company decision makers prefer watching a video to reading blog posts or articles.
- Experts in the field of digital marketing estimate that a single minute of online video content is equivalent to 1.8 million words.
After reviewing this compilation of statistical data, it becomes quite obvious that video marketing is one of the most relevant and important ways in which businesses will be connecting with their target audience in the future. Moreover, it is quite notable that the consumption of this content is increasing at an exponential rate every year. Visual content is both expressive and effective in communicating information to potential clients, all-the-while offering companies an opportunity to brand themselves in a subtle, non-intrusive manner.