We at Stats Digital alongside our partners at Spot X, Sling TV and Google were proud to host a dedicated video event on August 16, 2017. This lively evening was highlighted by presentations about the changing nature of how consumers are interacting with video, particularly the sort of long-form video content historically associated with linear television (broadcast, cable or satellite).
Top Five Takeaways from the Event:
- Over 1.2 million San Diego adults now engage with long-form video content (think TV shows, movies and sports) every month. This consumer adoption is powered by the over 1.3 million local adults who own a smart television, connected device (Roku, Apple TV, etc) or gaming console.
- Between 2014 and 2017 US adults have spent 15% more time with digital platforms while time with traditional linear television has fallen by 7%. This aggressive shift towards on-demand, on-device and on-time delivery of premium television content has impacted the ratings for top TV shows, the Olympics and televisions ability to deliver your audience.
- The nexus of video content and digital advertising technology will fundamentally change the way consumers see, interact and respond to brands. No longer are advertisers beholden to audience surveys and the “I hope” mentality of traditional television. The availability of advanced audience targeting technologies means we are even closer to the right person/place/time than ever before.
- Just three video platforms: Hulu, Netflix and YouTube are now visited by 64% of San Diego adults every month. With the forthcoming launch of YouTube TV in San Diego, these three platforms are poised to capture a significant share of local audience reach – delivering content and advertising to the masses.
- As with any digital technology, the best video strategy starts with the proper planning, the right creative, a plan for execution and top-notch reporting so your campaign can produce the right results for your business. At Stats Digital our business is building your business. To hear more about our comprehensive digital strategies including connected television and video, make sure to contact us today.